5 Foods to Fuel your Body
Foods to eat every day that have been scientifically proven to lead to optimal health:
Regardless of what you may have heard hyped in social media and advertising, the evidence-based nutritional scientific community has established beyond doubt that these foods provide the best sources of nutrition for EVERYONE. For more information and to learn how to become an evidence-based wellness coach, please visit OneDayToWellness.org
- Beans: All legumes are packed with healthy plant-based protein and minerals. Beans and legumes are a major component of every single longest-lived society on this planet.
- Berries: Have more nutrients per weight than any other fruit. Blackberries have the most antioxidants of all berries. All berries aid in cancer and chronic disease prevention.
- Cruciferous Vegetables: Prevents DNA damage, mitigate metastatic cancer growth, assists in liver detox, promotes brain health…..what else do you need?
- Whole grains: People who eat more whole grains live longer, reduce their risk of obesity, heart disease, and diabetes.
- Nuts & Seeds: Again, people who incorporate nuts and seeds (raw is best), boost their metabolism, and reduce their risk of death from heart disease and cancer. Walnuts and ground flax seeds are packed with omega 3 fatty acids as well.
Mindy Mylrea is a SURGE® Master Trainer and is the creator of numerous programs, including Fluid Strength, Gliding Discs, and Tabata GX, as well as the co-creator of One Day to Wellness. Her non-profit, One Day to Wellness, shares wellness programs across the nation.